Tuesday, 3 November 2015 11.30am
Tuesday, 3 November 2015 05.00pm
Centre of Melbourne Cup returns to the GCCEC in 2015.
Your ultimate race day will be filled with fun and laughter, guaranteed.
- Moet Champagne on arrival, and premium beverage package
- Spring summer fashion parade, proudly presented by Robina Town Centre
- Award winning chefs creating a delicious 4 course meal
- Live entertainment
- Race sweeps supporting the BMD Northcliffe SLSC
- Watching the race on the Gold Coast's biggest screen
- Fantastic prizes for best dressed
- A fabulous chill-out area with Moet & Chandon bubbles on offer
Individual and group bookings available, bookings essential.
- Single ticket: $137*
- Table of 10: $1320*
FOR THE LADIES:
- Keep it classy. Race days are steeped in tradition and that tradition should be honoured.
- Plan your outfit starting with the dress. It can be done but it’s a whole lot easier to find the dress and then buy the hat (or have it made) to suit.
- Headwear is a must. A hat, fascinator or headpiece … it’s not a race day outfit without one.
- It’s spring so your outfit should reflect that. Traditionally Melbourne Cup Day fashion is associated with a whole lot of colour.
- Match but don’t match. You want all the elements in your outfit to complement each other but you’re not going for a matchy-matchy scenario.
- Choose your footwear wisely. It’s never a good look to leave a Melbourne Cup Day function – or the races – barefoot and carrying your shoes in your hand.
- If buying a new dress, buy something that you know you’ll wear again. Ideally you already have an event or occasion coming up during the party season where you know you’ll be able to trot it out without the headwear.
- Book in with your hairdresser. If you haven’t already done this and are planning attending a fancy Cup Day function, stop reading and make the call.
- Your makeup should go the distance. Primer is your friend, as is a long-lasting foundation, smudge-proof mascara and either a gloss you can easily re-apply or a long-wear lippy.
- Be comfortable. You don’t want anything getting in the way of a fun afternoon.
FOR THE MEN:
- This is not a time to mess around with suiting conventions. To ensure you nail it in the style stakes this year, here’s a guide to getting suited and booted for the day.
- If you wear a suit, show a little shirt beneath your suit cuffs.
- Wear a dress shirt with cuff links – this isn’t just a day at the office!
- Add a buttonhole flower for the day. The rose is traditionally the Melbourne Cup flower of choice.
- Do make sure everything you wear is smart and neat, with no rips or tears.
- Don’t forget to consider your socks with your overall look, as they’ll show when you sit down.
- Don’t fasten the bottom button on your jacket or waistcoat.
- Don’t be afraid of a little colour. Even mix up your patterns for a modern look.
- Wear a pocket square to match your tie and nice smart shoes to finish off your look.