I have conducted two major formal dinners at GCCEC for approx 700 people each time, the more recent of these being held in March 2015. I am completely satisfied with all aspects of working with GCCEC and their performance in presenting our function. They were completely professional and were willing to do things exactly the way I wanted them done, even meeting some unusual requirements. When I requested to make layout changes only hours before the dinner the request was accommodated immediately and with professional ease. The dinner was an alternate drop three course full service meal with drinks package, and it was without a doubt the best formal dinner I have ever attended. I have managed many similar dinners in the past but this dinner achieved by far the best result, it was the easiest to organise and to then manage on the night. Our GCCEC functions manager was a competent and willing professional who achieved an absolutely flawless event. I am still trying to understand how the catering staff were able to prepare almost 700 perfectly cooked and presented meals and get them to the tables whilst still hot. An excellent event perfectly presented by cheerful and competent professional staff.
"We", "us", "our" and "The Star Entertainment Group" means The Star Entertainment Group Limited through all its business divisions, including its subsidiaries ("The Star Entertainment Group"). The Australian subsidiaries and businesses in The Star Entertainment Group include The Star Pty Limited and The Star Entertainment QLD Limited (The Star Gold Coast and Treasury Brisbane). The businesses of The Star Entertainment Group also include an interest in managing the Gold Coast Convention and Exhibition Centre.
For further information about our business divisions and subsidiaries, please contact our Privacy Officer on the details below.
Compliance with privacy legislation
Collection of personal information
Personal information is, essentially, information or an opinion about a person who is identified or reasonably identifiable. This information could include information such as your name, postal or email address, date of birth, image and financial details.
The type of personal information that we may collect from you will depend on the dealings you may have with us. For example, we may require more information about you when you apply for a membership rewards card (e.g. production of identification documents) than we may require to enable you to enter a competition or check into a hotel.
If it is reasonable or practical to do so, we collect your personal information from you directly, e.g. when you use our products and services or enter into arrangements with us. Depending on the product or service that we provide to you, or other purposes for which we collect your personal information, in some instances we may collect your personal information from third parties.
We also have obligations to collect personal information under anti-money laundering and counter terrorism financing legislation and maintain records for the casino regulator in each of NSW and Queensland.
Use of personal information
We operate a number of businesses which handle personal information.
The general purposes for which we may collect and hold your personal information (and share that information with related companies) include:
- to identify you;
- to provide you with the product or service that you have requested and any benefits you may subsequently become entitled to in relation to that product or service;
- to manage and administer a product or service to you on an ongoing basis;
- to protect your use of the product or service, and our ability to provide that product or service;
- to promote safety and security in our venues;
- to collect and use the physical location of your mobile device for security purposes and to provide you with alerts and notifications and other information on our products or services, for example if you have elected to use our free on property Wi-Fi service, or you have downloaded our mobile application and granted the application access to location services;
- to obtain a credit report or other information from a credit reporting agency or financial services provider to assess an application for a cheque cashing facility which may be extended or offered to you; and
- to comply with any obligations that we may have under laws that apply to our business or to meet reasonable requests from regulatory bodies which regulate our business, such as preparing player activity statements and monitoring the responsible provision of gambling services in our casinos, including the exclusion of patrons from our casinos.
Companies in The Star Entertainment Group may use the information collected from you by one of the other companies in The Star Entertainment Group.
We may also use the information we collect about you, including information about your use of our products and services or those of third parties with whom we have a relationship, to keep you informed about our products and services, and the products and services of third parties with whom we have a relationship, where they are relevant to your continued use of those products and services or your preferences.
Information about the way and frequency with which you use our products and services may also be used by us for the purposes of quality control and to develop and improve the products and services that we are able to offer to you.
If you elect not to provide personal information to us, we may not be able to provide you with some or all of the goods or services you wish to obtain or that we would otherwise provide.
Disclosure of personal information
We may disclose your personal information where we are required or authorised to do so by or under law or where the disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce the law or for enforcement related activities conducted by, or on behalf of, an enforcement body. This may occur under the laws that apply to our business, for example, where a regulatory authority requests information from us. This includes obligations that we have under the following acts and associated legislative instruments:
- Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Act 2006 (Cth)
- Casino Control Act 1992 (NSW)
- Gaming and Liquor Administration Act 2007 (NSW)
- Casino Control Act 1982 (Qld)
and in connection with our obligations relating to the responsible provision of gambling services. We may also disclose personal information where required or authorised by law to or, to meet a reasonable request from, a range of regulatory and other bodies, including the Australian Taxation Office, Australian Securities and Investments Commission, Centrelink, Child Support Agency and the Australian Financial Security Authority.
In addition, there are circumstances in which we may disclose your personal information to another organisation for particular purposes that are important to help us to operate our business. These circumstances are described in detail below.
Sharing information with other organisations
We will not sell your personal information to organisations outside The Star Entertainment Group.
We will only give another organisation access to your personal information when:
- the other organisation is providing services to us that help us to operate our business or to provide a service to you;
- there is another business reason for us to provide your personal information to that organisation; or
- we are required or permitted by law to provide your personal information to that organisation.
Such organisations include those that assist us:
- to provide, manage or administer the products and services that we offer. This includes service providers (such as mail house providers, printers and advertising agencies), postal services, call centres, customer research agencies and our advisers;
- to maintain, review, and develop our business systems, procedures and infrastructure, including testing or upgrading our computer software;
- with reviews of our business operations and structure;
- to collect outstanding debts; and
- with developing and planning new products and services.
We may also share your personal information with another organisation in relation to potential or threatened legal proceedings or disputes (whether between you and that organisation or between us and that organisation), including for the purposes of gaining legal advice, or to take action which we consider appropriate in relation to suspected unlawful activity or serious misconduct, including investigating any such alleged activity.
We may also share your personal information with an organisation where we have obtained your consent.
We may also collect and use your personal information so that we can promote and market our products and services, promotions and upcoming events, and the products, services, promotions and upcoming events of third parties with whom we have a relationship, to you (including for example by way of direct mail, telemarketing, targeted digital advertising, SMS, MMS messages, and notifications and alerts to your mobile device).
We will only send you this information if:
- you have indicated your consent to receiving such information;
- such information is related to the purpose for which we originally collected your personal information; or
- we are otherwise permitted to do so under relevant laws.
We send this information to keep you informed of our new products and services and special offers, but if you don't want us to do this, you can contact us at any time to let us know that you no longer want to receive this information.
Such marketing may be undertaken by one or more of the companies in The Star Entertainment Group using your personal information. We may also use external service providers to assist us in these marketing activities.
We may collect and use personal information about you for security purposes, including for example by:
- collecting information from your driver's licence or other identification document/card when you enter our venues; or
- collecting your car number plate details when you park in the car park of one of our venues; or
- using information from your driver's licence or other identification document/card or from your car number plate details, to match with personal information we hold about you.
The venues in The Star Entertainment Group are subject to CCTV and audio surveillance for security reasons. We may collect your personal information through those means.
Details of suspected or actual illegal and undesirable activities and other security-related information may be shared with other casinos, industry bodies and forums, law enforcement bodies and regulatory bodies such as the casino regulator in each of NSW and Queensland. This may include both disclosure of your personal information by us, and the receipt of your personal information by us.
Your privacy on the internet
We provide links to other websites. These linked websites are not under our control. We are not responsible for the conduct of organisations linked to our website. We suggest that you review the privacy policies of any linked sites that you may access from our website before disclosing your personal information on them.
Information collected from your computer or other electronic devices
The information collected and used may include your Internet Protocol (IP) address; domain name; browser type; date and time of your request; your internet service provider, mobile carrier, or data services provider; and your online behaviour, such as information on the pages you visit, links you click, features you use, how and when you interact with the services, the content, images and advertisements you select.
If you use a mobile device to access our websites or online resources, we also may collect information about your device, such as your device ID and device type, as well as usage information about your device and your use of our mobile websites and other mobile resources.
Most internet browsers and mobile devices can be set to inform you when tracking technologies are being used or sent to your device. They also provide you with the option of refusing the use of tracking technologies, however, this may negatively impact the display or function of certain areas or features of our services.
Security of personal information
We will take reasonable steps to protect your personal information and ensure it is accurate, up-to-date and, when that personal information is used or disclosed, relevant to the purpose for which the information is being used or disclosed. Your personal information is held on secure servers or in storage located in controlled environments. Our employees and service providers are required to maintain the confidentiality of any personal information held by us.
Access to and changing your personal information
You are welcome to ask for access to personal information that we hold about you. To do so, please attend the relevant property from which you want to request the information and complete a request for information form, including your full name, address, account or membership number (if relevant), and signature. If you are unable to attend our properties to make a request, you can obtain a copy of the request for information form from the relevant property's website and send the completed form (along with a copy of your photo identification) to us using the details below.
The Star Entertainment Group
PO Box Q192
QVB Post Office
Sydney NSW 1230
Please click here to access The Star Entertainment Group Request of Information Form
A copy of your information will usually be made available to you within 30 days. However, there are circumstances under the Australian Privacy Principles in which we are not required to give you access to personal information. We will endeavour to let you know if one of these exceptions applies to your request.
If we intend to charge you a fee for us to find the information you have requested, we will inform you of this cost before we provide the information to you.
If you find that your personal information is inaccurate or out-of-date, please let us know.
If you have a question or need to contact a particular business of The Star Entertainment Group in relation to privacy, please contact us using the details below:
The Star Entertainment Group
PO Box Q192
QVB Post Office
Sydney NSW 1230
You should advise us if you do not wish to be identified and wish to remain anonymous or use a pseudonym when entering into transactions with us. We will endeavour to assist with any such request:
- provided it is not impracticable to operate and communicate with you if you have not identified yourself in the circumstances; or
- except where we are required by law or an order from a court or tribunal requires us to only deal with you if you have identified yourself.
For example, anti-money laundering and counter-terrorism finance legislation may require you to be identified in order to be provided a service. In addition, to ensure safety and security on our premises and to comply with legislation relating to gaming and service of alcohol, you may be required to be identified.
Your sensitive information
We will not usually collect information or an opinion about your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious beliefs or affiliations, philosophical beliefs, membership of a professional or trade association, membership of a trade union, sexual preferences or practices or criminal records, or health information.
If we do, we will only collect such information where:
- we are required to do so under a law that applies to our business, for example to comply with our obligations to maintain the security and integrity of our venues under the Casino Control Act 1982 (Qld) or Casino Control Act 1992 (NSW); or
- we have obtained your consent; or
- we are otherwise permitted by law to do so.
Situations in which we may collect sensitive information from you include:
- if you apply for a job with The Star Entertainment Group; or
- if you use our gambling venues, we may keep a record of criminal offences that you have committed, for example, where we are required to do this under laws that apply to our business.
Sending information overseas
For international patrons, we may share your personal information overseas with your agents and/or representatives (including, but not limited to your tour operator or arranger and their representatives) in your country of origin or in Hong Kong, Macau or Singapore, as the case may be. In addition, for international gaming patrons, we may share your personal information in order to conduct credit or other background checks, including with other casinos and credit rating and other reporting agencies in Singapore, Malaysia, the Philippines, Macau, Hong Kong, South Korea, the United States of America and/or New Zealand.
Your personal information may also be accessed and used by our service providers located outside Australia who assist us to send marketing communications to you.
When we disclose personal information overseas we will take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas entity complies with the Australian Privacy Principles, unless an exception applies under those principles such that we are not required to do so. We will take reasonable steps to put in place suitable confidentiality protections in relation to personal information we provide to an overseas entity.
Changes in the future
Additional information on privacy
For more information about privacy issues and the protection of privacy, visit the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner's website at www.oaic.gov.au.
Company e-mail addresses
Electronic addresses that are published on our websites are for professional communications only and this is not an invitation to send unsolicited commercial e-mails that are not related to our business.
Should you wish lodge a privacy complaint, this can be made in writing to the Privacy Officer, The Star Entertainment Group, PO Box Q192, QVB Post Office NSW 1230 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Any privacy complaint will normally be assessed, reviewed and responded to within 30 days. If necessary, the Privacy Officer can investigate the matter and advise of any corrective or other action taken by the business to address the matter.